[Wine] Problem using Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Image Ready

Avinash.Rao wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 30 10:24:43 CDT 2008

Hi All,

I am using Ubuntu Studio + LTSP5.0 + wine 1.1.2. I have been trying to use Adobe Photoshop, Image Ready, Indesign, Illustrator through wine. It acts really strange, Coz Photoshop works sometimes and doesnt work sometimes.. It throws an error "There was an hardware problem, and cannot be rectified at this time". Image ready doesn't open at all, the Image Ready screen is displayed and just crashes.  I read the BUG fixes and few have shared their experience of using Photoshop CS2 with Wine 1.1.2.

1) Has anyone used Adobe products through wine? Kindly let me know if any changes has to be done in winecfg.

2) I am running Ubuntu Studio on AMD 64, Athlon with 2GB RAM, which is a recommended hardware to run Ubuntu. I am wondering if this could be a problem.

3) Can i use wine for all LTSP Users? I copied the .wine directory to few users home directory, changed the permission and ownership, but it didn't work.

Kindly help
Avinash