[Wine] Plug & Play registry update for USB device?

msunderwd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 30 13:49:58 CDT 2008

Hullo.

I'm running Darwine 1.0 on a MB-Pro with OSX 10.5.1..

We have an in-house developed Windows test tool.  It runs OK, except...

One of the (important) things it does is query the windows registry for all USB-connected devices with a particular GUID under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceClasses\blahblahblah...

The guy who wrote the tool tells me that he queries for devices with this GUID.  Then he populates a tree and lets the user choose a device to interact with from this tree.  The interaction bypasses any drivers and talks directly to the (USB) device.

When I run the tool, it pops up the device selection dialog, but reports that there are no devices available, even though one is plugged in (and the Mac driver can see it!).

I'm guessing the problem is that Wine is not updating the registry when the device is plugged in (i.e. plug&play not supported??).  Any clue what might be going on here?  I ran several google & forum searches, and while I found plenty on how to get drivers to work (or not), I didn't see anything like this...