[Wine] Setting up com1 in wine.

msmr wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 30 21:29:16 CDT 2008

This is my first time using WINE and really I'm a Linux newbie, an I've been using it for like maybe week and have gotten into it a bit, but this one kind of stumps me.

I know alot of you have said to symbolically link tty0 to com1...but I just don't nkow where the ./wine directory is located, I look in file manager, andit's just not there.

and I usually use that as a point of reference to use when I'm trying to cd into a directory to do any file changes.

I'muxing Xubuntu 8.04 and I have wine 1.0 I'm trying to use this program called COOLSAT loader 7000 to load up some files to a F2A satelite box...and I need to find out a way to get wine to tell this program it has serial ports. (Another file loader recognizes my inbuilt serial port perfectly)

Can you please tell me how to do this in simpler terms and without so many assumptions about what I know?