[Wine] license server platform authentication

Pieter Cristiaan de Groot p.c.degroot at tudelft.nl
Thu Jul 31 06:41:32 CDT 2008

Frist of all, thanks for the response.

The license server is not running locally, it is a 'real' license server
in the sense that it is running on some central machine in the
university. As a license file I have to fill in '<portnr>@<IPaddress>'.

The error I get is:

"
This platform not autherized by license.
Platforms: i86_r <> i86_n
FLEXnet licensing error: -89,310
"

the '-89' code is the error code for platform mismatch.
i86_n means "Windows on IA-32 systems"
i86_r means "Linux on IA-32 systems"

only the i86_n is mentioned in the license file that is running on that
central server.

When I contacted the company about this they replied that it did not
work because 'the license does not cover linux clients', confirming my
conclusion.

But since I am running it through WINE I figured I should be treated as
a Windows machine.

Does this description ring a bell for anybody?