[Wine] Sims 2 doesn't detect my graphics card correctly

Cesium wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 31 09:39:12 CDT 2008

When I try to run Sims 2 in Wine it doesn't detect my graphics card correctly. There was no problems during the installation. Picture of the error:

[Image: http://merkelig.org/sims2/sims2error.png ]

Although in the AppDB people report that the game runs fine except for some graphical glitches and my graphics card should support DirectX 9. I've tried to run it with Wine 1.0 and a Git version from yesterday. I've also tried to use DirectX 9.0c from Mircosoft.

Relevant output from glxinfo:

Code:

direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.4
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce 7600 GS/PCI/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 173.14.09

Standard debug output from Wine: http://merkelig.org/sims2/sims2error.txt

I'm thinking that this is a problem with my Wine configuration, but I'm not sure where to start. Any thoughts?[/img][/code]