[Wine] Running legacy batch files

Bamm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 1 10:48:27 CDT 2008

I have several batch files from my windows installation that I've been using for many years, and I wonder what's the best way to transfer them to a Linux machine, without having to rewrite them as shell scripts.

Some of these batch files call DOS programs and some call Win32 console programs. Unfortunately I have a few that has calls to both a DOS and a Win32 console program.

The problem is:

1) The DOS programs won't run in Wine, and

2) The Win32 console programs won't run in DOSBox/DOSEmu/etc.

I am looking for a single environment that will run both Win32 console and DOS executables, and which can interpret DOS/Windows batch files.

Any help is appreciated.