[Wine] file operations issues?

Spad wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 1 13:39:26 CDT 2008

hello everybody, I'm new here.

so, I'm running on SimplyMEPIS 7.0 64-bit, and using a 64-bit Wine 1.0 RC1.

I'm having a problem that I had in the past too.
certain programs give an error about not being able to access a certain file.
I copied the software onto the Linux partition in its whole, data files and all, even ran Wine as root, but to no avail.

I have the impression this is because the apps want to access the files in a way which Wine can't translate to the OS.

anyway, you know better. what's the solution?

thanks in anticipation. :)