[Wine] Re: Call of Duty 4 black screen and error

Tlarhices wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 3 09:02:24 CDT 2008

Rico wrote:

> Bslashingu wrote:
> > I'd disable anti-aliasing...
> >
> > If I could get into the game in the first place.
> >
> > When I boot it up, it's just black. I can't see anything. I can hear the movies and the menu music, but I have to force quit out of it.
>

> Could you please answer the following questions:
>
> Code:
> Which gpu driver do you have? Does the demo have the same behavior? What setting do you use in wine (OffscreenRenderingMode, GLSL, Fullscreen/window, ...)?

I've just tried it with the demo and I'm in the same case, same output and black screen. I also have a message box from the game saying that directX has failed.
I have an nvidia geforce 9600gt with the driver 173.14.05 and is performing well with other 3D games in wine.
The same behavior occur using fullscreen and virtual desktop and I didn't played with other parameters in wine.
Tested on Ubuntu hardy without compiz and without pulseaudio.
With today's GIT and the 3Dmark patch.
I tested with the versions reported as working on the AppDB and the behavior is the same for me, so not a regression.