[Wine] Re: RC1 & RC3 break PageMaker

okie2003 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 3 10:17:21 CDT 2008

:( Sorry for the long post. I am a newbie, so I don't really know what I am doing. I am running Mepis 7.0 (Debian based) and have installed git 4.3.20-10, git-core 1:1.4.4.4-2,  cogito, and ccache 2.4. When I attempt to run according to the wiki this is what I get:

Rob at Office:~$ whereis git-core
git-core: /usr/share/git-core
Rob at Office:~$ cd /usr/share/
Rob at Office:/usr/share$ su root
Password:
root at Office:/usr/share# git clone git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git wine-git

git, the filemanager with GNU Interactive Tools, is now called gitfm.

If you are looking for git, Linus Torvald's content tracker, install
the cogito and git-core packages and see README.Debian and git(7).

This transition script will be removed in the debian stable
release after etch.

If you wish to complete the transition early, install git-core
and use (as root):
 update-alternatives --config git

Press RETURN to run gitfm

/usr/bin/gitfm: warning: invalid extra options ignored

GNU Interactive Tools 4.3.20 (i586-pc-linux-gnu), 10:15:20 Aug 21 2006
GIT is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the
terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version.
Copyright (C) 1993-1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Written by Tudor Hulubei and Andrei Pitis, Bucharest, Romania

/usr/bin/gitfm: fatal error: `chdir' failed: permission denied.
root at Office:/usr/share# update-alternatives --config git

There are 2 alternatives which provide `git'.

  Selection    Alternative
*+        1    /usr/bin/git.transition
          2    /usr/bin/git-scm

Press enter to keep the default[*], or type selection number: