[Wine] Re: things I miss in wine

Tlarhices wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 3 18:33:55 CDT 2008

Jochen wrote:

> and it is not possible to fool them? Like for example in case of
> starforce to install our own starforce driver? I don't really have an
> idea about how this is working of course. But I see of course that gcc
> and visual c are not producing the same code.

Creating a system to fool the original copy protection is equivalent to create a universal crack in the fact that it is not letting the protection system do it's job correctly (or at all). So it can't be part of wine.

Jochen wrote:

> So what do I do if I have a game I want to get running on wine and it
> uses an evil copy protection system?  Trying to crack it by myself if
> there is no such thing in the net? Or would there be some theoretical
> way for wine that allows me to not to have to crack all these games?

You can complain to the creators of the product and/or the copy protection, don't expect to much from this thought as on the box it isn't written that it is compatible with wine.