[Wine] Re: RC1 & RC3 break PageMaker

Tlarhices wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 3 20:52:42 CDT 2008

austin987 wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 8:00 PM, okie2003 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your patience. Sorry to be so dumb. OK, I got the clone step done and started on bisect. The result of the next step is:
> >
> > Rob at Office:~/wine-git$ CC="ccache gcc" ./configure --verbose
> > checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
> > checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
> > checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
> > checking for gcc... ccache gcc
> > checking for C compiler default output file name...
> > configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
> > See `config.log' for more details.
> >
> > According to the wiki I was to expect dependencies, but I don't know where "config.log" is and I would probably not know what to change in it. whereis didn't help me or I don't know what i am looking at.
> > Rob at Office:~/wine-git$ whereis config.log
> > config: /usr/share/config /usr/share/config.kcfg /usr/share/man/man5/config.5ssl.gz
> >
> > Nothing in those locations looked right.
> >

> You need lots of dependencies, namely, a compiler. Look at:
> http://wiki.winehq.org/Recommended_Packages

You are compiling using ccache :

Code:
 CC="ccache gcc"

You will need to install the ccache package in order to use it. (And this package is not in the recommended packages list as it only appears in the bisection explanations)
Of course you will still need all the other packages from the wiki page.[/code]