[Wine] Re: RC1 & RC3 break PageMaker

okie2003 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 5 10:49:34 CDT 2008

Thank again for all the input. Here is the update typed as I did each step.
I am on dial-up, so my preference is to install from CD. My version of PageMaker is 7.0.1 I renamed .wine to .wine_org and installed RC3 ran winecfg and tried to install PM. It would not install as Windows XP so I ran winecfg again and switched to Win 2000. PM installed, but when I tried to run it it started to open, cycled my scanner, and disappeared. Same as before.

Deleted .wine with RC3 and installed RC2 same as above with the exception that PM installed as Windows XP.

Deleted wine with RC2. I could not find RC1 deb. I must have deleted it.  Installed 0.9.61. Installed PM. Ran fine (except duplex printing is upside down as before).

So, it seems to me that the problem was not my wine install and that the problem is repeatable.