[Wine] Printing "garbage"

ChrisW wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 6 18:08:52 CDT 2008

I'm using wine v1.0 rc2 under debian lenny. My CUPS printer (Brother HL2030) works with no problems under linux. I've been trying to get printing from wine working without success. This is what I have tried:

1) renamed the existing ~/.wine directory to force a clean wine config
2) run: wine notepad
3) created some text in notepad
4) File->print in notepad - my CUPS printer shows as the default printer and what look like the correct properties
5) Click "OK" to print and some lines of "garbage" are printed
6) The "garbage" is probably a clue to what is going wrong - it looks like this:

Code:
-12345X at PJL
@PJL SET MEDIATYPE=REGULAR
-12345X at PJL RESET