[Wine] Re: autocad 2008 and wine rc 4

miciomax wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 7 12:12:30 CDT 2008

Well, we should separate installation problems from run problems.

About the installation, I couldn't manage, up to now, to install retail version, nor in rc-2, rc-2 and rc-4, and also with some patches from wine-bugs.
Well, the install finish, but if you look in log there are errors.
The app don't run, of course.

What I managed to show something is the portable autoca 2008. I don't know it it's an official release from autodesk or not, but it starts, show some error on graphics drivers and then crash.

IMHO we should stay on official release, portable one installs itself on launch and can bring future problems.

Besides 2008, I tried also with 2005, 2007 and 2009 with no chances, installer breaks somewhere.
So, I think we should focus on first step, so, have it installed correctly, which is an already difficult stuff.
So, if somebody managed to install 2008 version, I'd like to see complete wine log for it :

wine setup >& /tmp/acadsetup.log

posted somewhere (I guess here is not a good place as logs can become long).
If install is ok, we can then put an howto somewhere and start looking at application.

Max