[Wine] SOCK_RAW issue

lordcoder wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 9 04:22:38 CDT 2008

Hello,

I've installed the lastest version of ( Wine 1.0-rc4 ), but when I run an MMORPG that requires networking, I get the following message in the console :

Code:

WARNING: Trying to create a socket of type SOCK_RAW, this will fail unless you have special permissions.

I'm using the Linux distro Ubuntu Hardy Heron, so I can't log as root to let Wine creating a SOCK_RAW ( even if I could, it will be still dangerous :P ) ...
How can I give the current user ( bouazza in my case ) or wine the permissions to create a SOCK_RAW ?

Thanks :-)