[Wine] Fun Wine Project -- Configure Some Default Registry Entries

A. Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 08:22:20 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 3:37 PM, A. Tres Finocchiaro
<tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com> wrote:

> You are completely correct.  How about something like this?  Just right click >> open with >> winestart. (attached)
>
> -Tres
>

> #!/bin/bash
> #
> # /usr/bin/winestart
> #
> # Appends "Z:" to native linux paths, such as /home/jsmit/Desktop/test.txt
> # so that wine can launch "Z:/home/jsmit/Desktop/test.xt" with its native
> # program.
> #
> wine start "Z:$@";
>

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Ove Kaaven <ovek at arcticnet.no> wrote:
>>
>> A. Tres Finocchiaro skrev:
>> > As far as going in the other direction, simply using "wine start
>> > /path/to/file" in theory would launch wine's default app for that
>> > association.  Should be a one-liner.
>>
>>  From what I know, that won't work because Wine's start.exe (like
>> Windows's) interprets a leading slash as an option, not as a path.
>> (Debian bug #420207 told me. So I suggested "wine start `winepath -w
>> /path/to/file`" instead...)
>>

> --
> - Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com

Newer version:  Thanks to Hilary BH Wright.

#!/bin/sh
# /usr/bin/winenative
#
# Liscense: GPL >= V3
# Author: A. Tres Finocchiaro
# Modified: May 2008 Hilary BH Wright
#
# Used to call on the native linux OS to launch a filetype in Wine.
# For example, if you have a Microsoft Word document, but want to
# use the Linux version of OpenOffice Writer to open it, simply call:
#       @="/usr/bin/winenative "%1""
# in
#       HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\linuxnative\shell\open\command
#
# This assumes you've already added:
#       @="linuxnative"
#	HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.doc --> "Content Type"
#

# The native command to open the file.  This can be changed to $1, $2
# if you'd like to set up input variables, or you can type "openoffice"
# or something similar if you'd like to statically map it.
#
# If you don't use gnome, change it to your desktop's equivelant, and
# update this comment!
cmd_open="gnome-open";

# The url of the file.  Change to $2, etc if you want to take the 2nd
# input variable in your call.

win_file=$1;

# Transform the windows path to the linux path with the 'winpath' command
# (i.e. C:\Windows\Temp\1.doc to /home/tfino/.wine/drive_c/etc)
# NOTE1: The ticks are (` = tilde key) NOT (' = quote key).
# NOTE2: You need the "" here in order to allow for spaces in the path
and file names.
# NOTE3: the -u parameter is there just to be sure that you are
chnaging from windows paths to linux paths: it is the default.

lin_file=`winepath -u "$win_file"`;

# Call the native command passing the linux path enclosed in ""

$cmd_open "$lin_file";

# Exit status 1?  Manipulate this value to work with errors.
exit 1;

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com