[Wine] Re: autocad 2008 and wine rc 4

miciomax wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 9 09:41:15 CDT 2008

Grof wrote:
> Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SafeCast#Protection_Level) is some detailed infos about SafeCast protection
>
> This protection system write datas to Boot sector of main Hard disk. I do not know how wine can handle this.  [Question] I am a little skeptic..

Well, I dunno if that's true, but I'm convinced that if an application fiddles with my boot sector it deserves to be pirated. Users have enough problems with viruses and so (in particular window$ ones....) without need of dumb protection schemes that does virus-like stuffs.
AFAIK many protection schemes do READ from hdd serials, network cards MAC and so... but never known about writing to boot sectors (at least, not on modern os, on good ol DOS it was common...)

Max