[Wine] Wine 1.0 release date to clash with Firefox 3

Bamm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 12 06:32:09 CDT 2008

According to http://wiki.winehq.org/WineReleasePlan the new release date for Wine 1.0 is set to June 17.

However the Firefox 3.0 release date is also set to June 17.

Their release is planned to be high profile and they even plan to set a Guinness world record for downloads in a single day!

With this, I fear that the Wine release would be drowned out in the euphoria and excitement for Firefox 3.

I respectfully suggest, therefore, that we move the Wine 1.0 release date to another date besides June 17.

This way we can attract more press and attention.

I hope others agree with my observation.