[Wine] Hard-Locks and graphics card driver issues

fabian büttner fabian-buettner at gmx.de
Thu Jun 12 09:25:22 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 08:46 -0500, vitamin wrote:
> fabian büttner wrote:
> > err:d3d:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat
> Try virtual desktop. Check that everything is fine with 'glxinfo' especially that direct rendering is "on". Also that you don't have anywhere stale libGLs from mesa (they all should be nVidia's).

I already tried using virtual desktop, unfortunately it did not help.

su -
glxinfo | grep direct
direct rendering: Yes

without "su -", I get an error:
NVIDIA: could not open the device file /dev/nvidiactl (Permission
NVIDIA: Direct rendering failed; attempting indirect rendering
direct rendering: No (If you want to find out why, try setting

Could this be the error? I never tried running wine as root.

could you elaborate how to find out that i don't have anywhere stale
libGLs from mesa?