[Wine] Which Wine Download?

Zac Brown zac at zacbrown.org
Thu Jun 12 11:43:23 CDT 2008

Ah. You should remove the old wine. Chances are, the old wine lives in /usr/
while the new wine that was built lives in /usr/local.

You don't have to remove the old wine, but if you don't you'll have to refer to
wine by specific path, ie: /usr/local/bin/wine or you'll have to setup an alias
in your .bashrc for wine, something like:

alias wine='/usr/local/bin/wine'

My advice is to do "apt-get remove wine" and that should solve this issue the
safest way.

Try that out, let me know how it goes.

-Zac