[Wine] Re: autocad 2008 and wine rc 4

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 13 01:07:25 CDT 2008

Wine does not work for 64-bit applications.

Even if compiling on 64-bit distributions, it's just because it's using the 32-bit libraries of the distribution.

There is also still a great way to go for Wine on multithreading. For instance, I did download the translation memory provided by the European Union for German-French. It has about half a million translation units (group of words or sentences). It took me about 70 threads on Windows to be able to process that mass of information and still quite slowly (nearly one hour to import it).

On Wine I tried to analyze a small text using that big memory. It just froze.

For me, multithreading is at the moment more important than 64 bit. If Wine doesn't cope with multithreading, your double CPU will be quite useless.