[Wine] Re: WoW low framerate.

Jim wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 13 16:34:24 CDT 2008

Orland wrote:
> But there appears another problem, sound stop working. Set in winecfg "oss" driver but no result. I have SBLive! 5.1 soundcard, any suggestions about this ?

With newer versions of Wine I've had better results with ALSA.  There are lots of guides out there that recommend OSS, but that suggestion may be out of date.

Also try disabling the in game voice chat feature.  Its buggy and sometimes disabling it fixes things, even on Windows.  I know some Windows users who have even gained some FPS by turning it off.