[Wine] Re: Weird Notepad++ toolbar bug

OryNider wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 13 19:35:46 CDT 2008

Hi,

This bug is not a necesary a wine bug. There was a logic coding bug with the toolbar in notepad++ and at one point could work only if was compliled with the old Visual Studio 7 (2003).

This version you allso downloaded and worked correct even in Wine.
I maintain a custom version of Notepad++ @ phpBB forums here (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=802725). This is the last version that is existing for public 4.9.2 even if the phpBB ModDB versioning didn't allowed me to release it this way, and is working fine with latest version of Wine.

But, I figured that the problem comes froma security update for Visual Studio 9 (2008) wich aftect Visual Studio 8 (2005) if you have all this versions. So, next version for phpBB will be compliled with VS8, but I will make sure that the toolbar is working fine in Wine.

Plese download the version for phpBB and if still does not work for you I will post back wich version of wine I have when I restart in Ubuntu.