[Wine] Running programs in wine that are in the PATH

KentonBomb wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 14 16:31:32 CDT 2008

I do alot of work with the Autoit V3 scripting language (http://autoitscript.com) which is a windows-based high-level language with most of the functionality of more mainstream languages [/walking billboard]

I used this language as a demonstration.

It seems like running programs in Wine do not respect the Linux PATH. It must be ran using the entire path I.E running "firefox", which would work in the terminal, does not work at all. running "/usr/bin/firefox" works fine.

Code:

Run("firefox")

Doesn't work

Code:

Run("/usr/bin/firefox")

Does work.

Is this a bug, or could this be added in the future?

Thanks.