[Wine] What happens after 1.0?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 08:48:22 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 8:42 AM, emkay <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> [Question]
> Hi does anyone know if there will be further support after the final version 1.0, 1.2 is released ?

Yes.

>> To those of you whose favorite bug was not fixed, we offer our apologies; time was limited.
>>
>> We expect to do a 1.0.1 release at some point (1-2 months?) with a few important and conservative bugfixes.
>>

> I don't know but this seems strange like there will be no further support for the project e.g. new versions / bug fixes for uppcoming games.
>
> Would be nice to know if i am wrong.
>
> cu Emkay

1.0 will be a stable release. New features, etc. won't be added to
updates to it, though it will get important/conservative/security
bugfixes.

After 1.0 is released, there will be two wine branches, 1.0, and 1.1.
1.0 won't see much activity, just fixes mentioned above. 1.1.x will be
the development branch, with the usual flurry of
activity/patches/regressions/new features/etc.