[Wine] Re: Digsby Python25.dll error

Jim wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 18 14:26:37 CDT 2008

majorcrash wrote:
> Install of digsby works fine, and I've tried both ways of adding the gdiplus.dll file, but that's not the problem.  When I try to start up digsby after install, i get the following error:
>
> Module not found
> Loadlibrary(pythondll) failed

Which "both ways" are you talking about?  If you haven't already, I'd recommend using winetricks ( http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks ) to install gdiplus (which is bundled with PowerPoint Viewer).

Secondly if you are trying to run Digsby from the command line, make sure you cd (change directory) to the place you installed Digsby to (eg cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Digsby) . Also check for a python25.dll in that directory.

Make sure you are using a newer version of Wine.  Wine 1.0 is the current version.

I could not duplicate your problem, but I do not have or want a Digsby account so my testing is a bit limited at best.  However, for me, the application launches fine and displays the login window.