[Wine] Official Nowshining WINE UPDATE THREAD (June 18 2008)

nowshining wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 18 23:34:36 CDT 2008

This thread is the official thread on this site/forum that will updated to show when I compiled a deb, etc.. of WINE  So please check this thread after a new WINE version has been released to see if I created a deb file, etc.. and when and where to download it if the hosting site has changed.

If you don't see a newer version - please keep checking about at least once a day as it may take me some time to know when a new version has been released and to compile/debify it.

Ty. Here is the Readme I included in the zip file: Remember My specialty now is for i386 and for the Ubuntu GutsyGibbon 7.10 of the Ubuntu Operating System so I don't offer a guarantee of it working  on any other distro smoothly. again Ty and I do hope it works for you.

A new reply (bump) if it gets kicked to the next page on the forums will be added and the date i updated the thread with a new WINE ver. will be in the title. Dates are in PST time.

1.) Important: FIRST Remove the older WINE version from synaptic, apt-get, adept, etc.. -

What's Diff. in this one from the last one I compiled (besides the differences/bug fixes, etc.. in the actual WINE program, etc..) - well the rc5 of 1.0 didn't incl. scanner, etc.. development files/programs when installing, however this time I got all the needed lib-devs before compile time so it should of compiled for everything.

That I'm going to start to include this readme and zip it up with it before I upload to a site to host it however the above what's diff. will either be the same or diff. Prob. diff. on the next compile and the same on the rest.

FAQ:

Q: Do you optimize the code for your specific cpu, etc..?