[Wine] winetricks help

NiksaVel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 19 06:00:10 CDT 2008

Hi,

I'm having a problem using winetricks...   I've made a clean install of Daryna KDE (ubuntu gutsy based) and have the latest wine installed from the winehq repos...

I have winetricks installed and can start it, but when I try to install anything I get the following:

Code:
niksavel at darth:~$ ./winetricks
Executing wget -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/corefonts/arial32.exe
--12:40:04--  http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/corefonts/arial32.exe
           => `arial32.exe'
Resolving internap.dl.sourceforge.net... 70.42.27.131
Connecting to internap.dl.sourceforge.net|70.42.27.131|:80... connected.
Length: 554,208 (541K) [application/octet-stream]
arial32.exe: Permission denied

Cannot write to `arial32.exe' (Permission denied).
Note: command 'wget -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/corefonts/arial32.exe' returned status 1.  Aborting.
niksavel at darth:~$

If I try to run

Code:
wget -nd -c --read-timeout=300 --retry-connrefused --header Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/corefonts/arial32.exe

manually than it works normally...   it's some kind of a permissions issue.  I was under the impression that I was supposed to run winetricks as a user, not with sudo...   in fact if I try to run it with sudo than the download works but it fails at install saying that I'm not the owner of the directory...   the owner is me (niksavel) and not root...  so I should have permissions...

I've tried deleting the entire .wine and reinstalling everything to make sure I didn't mess up any directories but it's always the same...   for some reason I couldn't find anyone else having this issue....

help pls...