[Wine] Re: Comport Serial Port Card (8 Ports)

LJB wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 19 15:24:56 CDT 2008

I have also been trying to get serial ports working on my system.  To start with, create symlinks in your .wine/dosdevices directory that point to your serial ports.   If you don't do this, wine will default to com1 -> /dev/ttyS0

in your case,
cd ~/.wine/dosdevices
ln -s /dev/ttyR0 com1
ln -s /dev/ttyR1 com2
etc....

Then you must ensure your linux user has permission to access the serial ports.  On my system (Ubuntu 8)  I added my user to the 'dialup' group.

Unfortunately, I can send data out the serial port, but not receive it properly.