[Wine] Re: I NEED START WINE WITHOUT DISPLAY

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 19 16:20:36 CDT 2008

bfharreguy wrote:
> Hi!!
> I look for wine execute without display but i don't make solution, for any appies wine need display, i have a ubuntu server, but this is not execute, server x, in this server i can't execute wine because this is no Display
> "Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly."
>
> How to execute a application with wine without display
>
> bye

If you get that message that means something (program or Wine itself) needs to create window. And Wine can not create window without a display.

You can always use things like NX X server which is "virtual" X display. But there is nothing you can do with Wine - it have to have the display to run your program.