[Wine] Re: RFC: Potential idea to consolidate forums and lists

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 20 00:24:43 CDT 2008

Paul Johnson wrote:

> > Newsreaders are too much like email.
> >

> That's kind of the point of a newsgroup...
>

> > Websites that provide access to news groups all have the same
> > problems as Google groups.
> >

> You don't have to use a website to access newsgroups.  There's also
> newsreaders.

We seem to be going in circles here. Most of this really comes down to a matter of personal preference. I prefer forums, period. Arguing with me is not going to change my personal taste. I also really do think that becoming just another Google group or newsgroup is a mistake. But that's just my opinion, which you did ask for.