[Wine] Re: JUST A COUPLE OF NUBBY QUESTIONS BETWEEN ME AND FREEDOM

jpearls wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 20 08:39:33 CDT 2008

Thanks.

1. Solved
2. Unsolved
3. Unsolved
4. Solved
5. Solved

Nobody has a clue on this TF2 thing, eh?  I was under the impression with the popularity of the game, the platinum rating and/or gold on Wine and all the guides meant that it *might* actually work.

However, despite my attempts of diagnosising the situation, I'm at a loss.

I have the latest UbuntuAmd64 Stable.
I have the latest Wine Stable.
I have the latest drivers for my hardware. (according to the consensus)

I've run the game through a shortcut, through steam, and through terminal.

I've used the typical launch parameters recommended.

Are there logs somewhere I'm missing that would assist?

For what it's worth: AMD 64 3000+, 1GB RAM, ATI Raedon 9800

If at least no one knows here, is there a more comprehensive "get tf2 working on wine and unbuntu" venue?  I've also tried Ubuntu forms to no avail.

Any help is appreciated, gaming is literally the only thing keeping me on Windows.

This is really Valve's responsibility.  Doom 3 might have sucked but id still has a far better open policy.  Guess I'll just go have to play Quake Wars, any good? :)