[Wine] Re: JUST A COUPLE OF NUBBY QUESTIONS BETWEEN ME AND FREEDOM

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 20 09:07:54 CDT 2008

jpearls wrote:

> Nobody has a clue on this TF2 thing, eh?  I was under the impression with the popularity of the game, the platinum rating and/or gold on Wine and all the guides meant that it *might* actually work.

I'm not a gamer and my expertise in troubleshooting games is pretty limited, but since no one else seems to have mentioned this--are you using Compiz? If so, try disabling it, because it does conflict with Wine. Also, ATI drivers in general are known to have problems with Wine. Finally, you haven't provided enough information for anyone to offer more than general advice--post console output from trying to run the game.