[Wine] All Wine dialog boxes have the mouse symbol out of position

briancady413 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 20 09:48:22 CDT 2008

I've just installed Wine.
Every Wine dialog box/window, on mouseOver, jumps the mouse cursor left and up, but sends mouse clicks to where the mouse would/should be.
In other words, when I roll the mouse over any Wine box, the arrow symbol immediately moves  left and up, then subsequently moves in relation to how I move the mouse, until the original mouse location exits the dialog box, when the arrow jumps back right and down,
Mouse clicks are sent to where one would expect the mouse cursor to show up, so that  I have to guess where the arrow would be if it had not jumped on mouseOver, in order to click a button.
There an exception to this - when the mouse arrow is over the grab-bar, that moves the dialog box, it remains in the original position, where mouse clicks are sent. Other than that the mouse jumps left and up when over the dialog box.
Is there a way to fix this?
I installed Wine onto Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04. This is not a dual boot system now, although I tried to dual boot before realizing how much hard disk space Ubuntu needs.
I tried uninstalling and re-installing Wine, to no avail.
Running a set-up.exe program yields the same behavior on mouseOver.

Brian