[Wine] Very strange issue

schmidtbag wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 20 21:48:57 CDT 2008

I have this old and pretty un-heard of game called Space Tripper.  Its pretty fun and actually very well made, and it runs perfectly in Wine.  I have 5 other games installed on my computer right now and they all start up fine when I make shortcuts for them using the:

Code:

env WINEPREFIX="~/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\Game\game.exe"

But for some reason, Space Tripper doesn't like to work with this.  When I tell the game to run, Wine's desktop shows up for a couple seconds and then closes.  I go to my home directory and surprisingly see this console.txt left behind, which contains:

> [console] 1400 log started Fri Jun 20 22:44:59 2008
> [init] init_game
> *** [file] failed to fopen 'config.cfg': No such file or directory

So, I figured that maybe I just can't use the default shortcut code for Wine.  So I just made a link file.  That didn't do anything.  I felt very suspicious why the game could only work if I run it in it's directory, and I noticed that if I right-click on the .exe and select "open with other application", and type in "wine", it doesn't start up.

What do I do?