[Wine] Re: Daz Bryce 6.0 not opening

nomadcelt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 22 03:31:21 CDT 2008

austin987 wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 10:28 AM, dimesio <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > I think this
> >

> > > wine: Call from 0x7b8425a0 to unimplemented function ntoskrnl.exe.KeInitializeMutex, aborting
> > >

> > means it's trying to load something that requires direct kernel access. At least, that's what I got from googling KeInitializMutex and trying to decipher http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa490233.aspx . I don't think that's something you can fix on your own, though someone with more expertise may be able to help you. (This is definitely way beyond my level.)  You should probably file a bug report.
> >

> You might try disabling ntoskrnl in winecfg, or set windows mode to 9x.

I've looked in winecfg to try and disable ntoskrnl but find no way of doing that. I tried running it in Win 98 mode but now the application simply hangs with a new (empty) window with no output to terminal.

With ref the post above about running as root, I ran the command you suggested. am I right in thinking that it only removes the files created by root that the current user can't use? All of my .wine directory is still there.