[Wine] Re: Pilot Log Software Installs but Won't Run

qwertymn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 22 04:26:27 CDT 2008

Hi, i gave the app a try, a few remarks:

>The program installs, opens but has very limited functions that respond

I don't see that really. What i did is 'winetricks art2kmin' and the install the app.
Further it looks like it also needs scrrun.dll. I copied it over from my windowspartitrion into system32, and did 'regsvr32 scrrun'

>When I click Evaluate it literally takes over 5 minutes for the application to open -- the >initial opening takes about 15 seconds.

I see that too ; i suggest to open a bug for that in bugzilla. As a workaround i copied oleaut32.dll from my windowspartition into system32, and ran the app by
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="oleaut32=n" wine Logbook.exe

Obviously this must be some kind of bug in wine's oleaut32 i guess.

Could you try the above things, and let us know if there's improvement? Good luck!