[Wine] Disable Popup Error Messages?

RnR4ever wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 22 22:21:58 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I have been using WINE for a while now. Though, I ran into a problem this time.

I am trying to get Starport Galactic Empires to run under WINE. It was running smoothly until it hits the login screen:

[Image: http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3213/nomorefilesih7.png ]
[Image: http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/8503/successao7.png ]

As you can see, there are popup error messages on the screen. These messages continuously pop up right after you close them. Even worse, the game pauses whenever the error messages pop up, making it impossible to continue the game beyond the login screen.

Is there a way to tell WINE to disable these popup messages? Though, I am not entirely sure if these messages are invoked by the game itself, or by WINE.

According to this thread in the StarportGE forum (http://www.starportgame.com/sgeforum/viewtopic.php?t=11567&highlight=wine), the game was able to run under WINE. The problem with the popup error messages was still present, but it did not popup continuously like in my case.

If anyone can provide any solution to this problem, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

-RnR4Ever