[Wine] Issues with WINE + ODBC

sysyphus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 23 00:08:55 CDT 2008

i'm trying to run a windows-based application from my company in a Linux environment.  it requires a mysql database to retrieve data.  i am running PCLinuxOS MiniMe 2008.  the issue i am having is that it does not seem that any WINE applications are able to connection to UnixODBC.

i have installed mysql, configured it, installed UnixODBC, configured it (and verified connection to mysql database with MyODBC Linux driver) and have installed WINE.

i have done the instructions found here:

as well as fiddled with the registry settings found here:

but it still does not work.  thinking it might be an application issue, i installed SQLyog in WINE and it is not able to connect to the database either, which leads me to believe WINE isn't finding UnixODBC.

any suggestions?