[Wine] using Frauenhofer mp3 codec

Jochen blackdrag at gmx.org
Sun Jun 22 18:15:03 CDT 2008

I tried to use the Frauenhofer mp3 codec and I thought I succeeded when
removing winemp3 from the registry. But the entry gets created again the
next time wine starts.... so how do I use the Frauenhofer codec instead
of the winemp3.acm.so. The only way I found till now is by
removing/renaming that file. That can't be the right way. So what is the
right way to do that?

As for why I want to use the Frauenhofer Codec? Because of this:

> fixme:wavemap:wodWrite Not all src buffer has been written, expect bogus sound
> fixme:wavemap:wodWrite Not all src buffer has been written, expect bogus sound
> fixme:mpeg3:III_get_side_info_1 big_values (418) too large!
> fixme:mpeg3:III_get_side_info_1 big_values (472) too large!
> fixme:wavemap:wodWrite Not all src buffer has been written, expect bogus sound
> fixme:wavemap:wodWrite Not all src buffer has been written, expect bogus sound
> fixme:wavemap:wodWrite Got 0 length
> fixme:wavemap:wodWrite Not all src buffer has been written, expect bogus sound
> fixme:wavemap:wodWrite Got 0 length
> fixme:wavemap:wodWrite Not all src buffer has been written, expect bogus sound
> fixme:wavemap:wodWrite Got 0 length
> fixme:wavemap:wodWrite Not all src buffer has been written, expect bogus sound
> fixme:wavemap:wodWrite Got 0 length
> fixme:wavemap:wodWrite Not all src buffer has been written, expect bogus sound

If I rename the winemp3.acm.so and install the Frauenhofer codec all is
fine.

bye Jochen