[Wine] I don't know how to compile Wine!

RedMartin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 26 13:46:58 CDT 2008

I'm a Linux noob. I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 and understand that, in order to get FEAR to run, I need to remove Wine 1.0, download the source and a patch and then recompile Wine.

I have no idea how to do this. The How To section on the AppsDB makes assumptions that you know what to do already.

Where can I find an explanation of the process? I've had no luck searching probably because I don't know the correct terms!

Many thanks.