[Wine] heroes of might and magic 5

ckx3009 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 26 18:58:27 CDT 2008

i tried to use this game since wine 0.9.58 and have never been able to use it:

i'm on gentoo, so wine is compiled on my pc from source.
i tried to start it with wine 0.9.57 and with wine 1.0 in the same day:
this is the output with wine 0.9.57
pastebin.com/f1ab2a8ff

and this is the output with wine 1.0
pastebin.com/f29561353

when i try to start the game using $wine H5_Game.exe , the screen becomes black (like when the game is starting) but quickly it returns to desktop leaving those lines on my console.
i followed the howto in the appdb (only take d3dx9_25.dll and place it in system32 dir) but nothing.
is there any way to fix it?