[Wine] wineinstall permission denied

DLGirl08 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 29 06:30:21 CDT 2008

I need help...

I've tried installing Wine through both the recommended and manual proceedures, and it refuses to install. In the Root Terminal, it says that "it is not recommended to install under root", that I "should switch to a lower level user", and then it aborts; yet it will not install under any other user. And now, when I try

./config and ./tools/wineinstall

it tells me, Cannot install: Permission Denied. There is no documentation available that I can find to tell me why Wine will not install, and I am new to Linux, so I have no clue how to handle this kind of thing...