[Wine] OS X wine port install error

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Mon Jun 30 22:51:56 CDT 2008

god720 wrote:
> I tried Darwine, and it didn't work. Plus, isn't that for PowerPC?

No.  There are two versions, one for the PowerPC, which is very much out
of date, and one for Intel, of which there are several builders.  The
PowerPC version of Darwine relies on a X86 emulator that needs to be
worked on.  If you visit MikesMassiveMess, Mike Kronenberg builds Intel
Darwine with a drag and drop installer (.dmg), which is what I use.
Zach Taylor also provides Darwine builds as well, and they use the Apple
installer (.pkg).
The versions available from darwine.sourceforge.net were 0.9.23, which
is very old.  I have not checked the site lately.
James McKenzie