[Wine] Re: OpenGL problem

SunLight wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 1 05:51:41 CST 2008

> $ glxgears
> Error: glXCreateContext failed

> $ cat /proc/driver/nvidia/version
> NVRM version: NVIDIA UNIX x86 Kernel Module  169.09  Fri Jan 11 14:38:28 PST 2008
> GCC version:  gcc version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)

Code:
$ glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
Error: glXCreateContext failed

> Often OpenGL failures are due to a mismatch between
> the nividia driver and the kernel.
> Try reinstalling the nvidia driver just to make sure it matches.

I used an magic sidux script to install drivers. It scans card, download latest driver, bekup and configure xorg.conf. Everything so far work perfect - nvidia logo, nvidia-settings, videos.

Code:
deb http://sidux.com/debian/ sid main contrib non-free firmware fix.main fix.contrib fix.non-free

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install sidux-scripts

Code:
sudo sgfxi

In Ubuntu driver is older and work (at least now). Anyway if sgfxi is the problem I will install driver manually. Just want to be sure it's not something trivial before mess up everything.

> This is kind of out of scope for the wine-users mailing list, or at
> least beyond my ken.
> To get more help, be sure to say exactly how you
> installed the nvidia drivers.

Indeed. But glxgears was good point. Now I know what to looking for.
 Thanks!