[Wine] How about this replacement of WINE.

robert w hall bobh at n-cantrell.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 1 08:15:19 CST 2008

In article <1204301368.m2f.479 at forum.winehq.org>, bussuser <wineforum-
user at winehq.org> writes
>MS windows device drivers working on linux would be very very tempting. I hope
>they implemente the WDM device driver framework this year.

But just implementing a 0x2e syscall entry point won't suffice surely,
for most drivers?
An exception might be usbscan.sys, (the usb bits of which can be done
quite happily by libusb in user mode), and for which (I believe) the
present stopper for is the need to patch or generalise CreateFile and
friends...
Bob

--
robert w hall