[Wine] Mailing list <-> forum gateway

DARKGuy . dark.guy.2008 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 21:20:19 CST 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI <
renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:

> On Sunday 02 March 2008, my mailbox was graced by a missive
>  from "DARKGuy ." <dark.guy.2008 at gmail.com> who wrote:
>
> > Forums take forever to load? I assume you know about how the internet
> > works...
>
> You may not have noticed, but I live in Darkest Paraguay, where rain
> disrupts
> the telephone service because the string gets wet, and humidity causes the
> bottom of the tin cans to rust off.
>
> Here the Internet is _slow_ (and expensive) and the damn forum pages (or
> any
> other page for that matter) take forever to load.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ron.
> --
>                Certains miroirs feraient mieux de réfléchir
>                         avant de renvoyer une image.
>                                              -- Jean Cocteau
>
>                   -- http://www.olgiati-in-paraguay.org --

Oh, my apologies then, I didn't know you were in such situation :(. I'd
assume however that it can be compared to dial-up, so for those who use
dial-up or are in a similar situation (or even wireless! it kinda sucks
sometimes >_<) can use the mailing list instead.

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 7:57 PM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> > Then we all should stop whining about noob users and start helping them!
> For  our resident snobs who think they are special - they are welcome to
> start their own list/forum etc. So far there was only few who complained.
> Did those few bothered to look how many new users where registered on forum?
> And how many posts came from them?
> >
> >  I think this conversation is over. Just the number of new users and new
> posts tells the story - the forum here to stay.
> >
> +1

+2