[Wine] Serial port problem and strange solution (Fujitsu MCU development under wine)

Gabriele Oberhammer gabriele at naustech.com
Sun Mar 2 11:28:49 CST 2008

Hi to everyone, this is my first post to the list.
I'm developing an application for a Fujitsu MCU (90364 series) using
Fujitsu Softune6 Workbench in linux under wine.
Everithing works well exept for the firmware serial uploader.
It starts and sends some commands to the MCU but hangs with a timeout
error (obviously I've correctly simlinked and chmodded the appropriate
ttyS*).
To investigate, I started the program again with the option
WINDEBUG=+comm and ... incredible as it seems, the program worked
*perfectly*.
So, is there any technical reason why a serial communication program
works well with wine in debug mode but does not work in normal mode? The
only explanations that came to my mind is that the huge amount of debug
informations which are dumped to the console slows down the program and
prevents the timeouts...
Anyone with similar experiences?

By the way, I'm planning to add Fujitsu Development Tools to the wine
AppDb as soon as I've sorted this out.

Tnx in advance, bye :-)