[Wine] FAQ Topics

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 2 21:59:52 CST 2008

It appears that we need a Frequently Asked Questions document to go with
our introduction of the Wine Fora to the mailing lists.

I will start with the first topic:

1. Q. What is Wine and where do I get it?
A.  Wine is an Open Source implementation of the Microsoft Windows (TM)
Application Programming Interface (API) for most Linuxes and UNIX
variants, including Mac OS X.  Wine is usually included as a package
with most Linux distributions.  More information on Wine is on the main
Wine HQ web page at http://www.winehq.org in the About Wine box.

This should be posted where the Wine Fora are hosted and we should refer
to it when answering questions addressed by the FAQ.  A simple "This is
addressed in the FAQ located at ...." should suffice, IMHO.

Thank you.

James McKenzie