[Wine] FAQ Topics

Marc budalokkos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 07:13:51 CST 2008

En/na James McKenzie ha escrit:
> Jim wrote:
>> James McKenzie wrote:
>>
>>> It appears that we need a Frequently Asked Questions document to go
>>> with our introduction of the Wine Fora to the mailing lists.
>>
>> WineHQ already has a FAQ on the WineWiki at
>> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ.  I'd think that maintaining and refining
>> the FAQ there would be a much more productive activity.  Really there
>> isn't much of a difference in pointing a user to a forum post or
>> pointing them to the Wiki.  The Wiki, however, is much easier to
>> maintain.
> Great.  Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
>> If we need anything "Stickied" to the top of the Forum it should be a
>> Topic called "READ FIRST" which contains a short list of posting
>> guidelines and contains a link to the WineWiki FAQ.

Not a lot of people reads the "READ FIRST" posts. That's why the most
important thing is:

> Who can 'make this happen'?  We also need a way that new users are
> directed to the posting guidelines and the FAQ before posting.
>
> James

 From the phpBB point of view, I think it is much easier to show the
guidelines in the "Start a new topic" page than checking if the user is
a new one an redirect him in that case. I can "easily make this happen"
for the first option with some small coordination with the forum
installer. I can attach a screenshot of what I mean, but I am not shure
if attachments are possible in this list.

In the "Mailing list <-> forum gateway" thread I posted some ideas to
the basic posting guidelines and there were one or two very good ones
contributed by other people. I can have a look at them and pack
together if requested.

Marc ///